Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I've Decided ...

.... that in order to give myself SOME sort of anticipation that I am setting the date that we will pick up Ellie to be September 9. This is not a date I have been told or that anyone has indicated will happen, BUT, if the judge returns from vacation on July 26 (as we are told he will) and hears our case that week (we are hopeful), then 30 days past that, plus 10 more for paperwork processing and a Tuesday pick up (as they seem to be for AO), puts me at September 9.

The last time I decided when I wanted to travel, it worked out, so that's what I'm doing this time.

It is 56 days away -- exactly eight weeks from today.

So, I have things to do and I'm trying to get them done. Today I picked up a couple of bottles. We are going to use disposable liners while we are there to save in trying to sterilize bottles and all, so I got that taken care of. I want to use the Born Free bottles when we get home, but I don't want to deal with that there. I've gotten a pack of diapers. Even though we will primarily use cloth, we will use some disposables as well.

Kevin has done a LOT to the office; we are trying to organize like crazy.

I am leaving for yet one more project next week.

We are about to begin buying school supplies as school starts back full time August 11.

I've also been encouraged by God who has laid the following on my heart. Ellie is His child. He formed and created her and her life belongs to Him. He is allowing me to be a part of it for whatever period He allows. He will take very good care of her while I am not there. And because of this, I am ok with whenever He wants us to get her. I know that He takes much better care of my life than I do and He will take good care of her and I don't need to worry. It is a hard decision to make, but it's what faith is all about. The Bible tells us faith is the SUBSTANCE of things HOPED FOR, the EVIDENCE of things NOT SEEN. And I have a choice to trust the One who made her and who chose me to be one of her moms. I am choosing to trust Him.

I will go when He is ready for me to -- but in the meantime, I'm just setting my goal date. *smile* Will I be disappointed if that's not the date -- yes, I'm sure I will. But, would I be surprised if it came earlier -- sure! So, it will be a target and we'll see how close we get!


Mom to 2 Angels said...

I love your new mindset. You WILL go get her, all in HIS time. I remember when we were leaving to go get C in Russia. We flew into Moscow the very morning after the two female terrorists had crashed flights flying out of Moscow the night before. There had also been several subway explosions in Moscow that week. I decided then and there that if it was His will that this little boy join our family then we would get there and back safely, which we obviously did. (I did refuse to get on the subway :)

Hilary Marquis said...

That's my favorite verse! Hence, Anara's middle name...Faith :)