Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Maybe Baby??

Today, in a bit of a funk about recent news about the restructuring of adoption on Kyrgyzstan (see Small Delay in Adoption Process on my other blog), I decided to call our agency to see what I could glean by talking directly to the director. I really like our agency and our director, Brent. He is so forthcoming with whatever information he can provide.

We spent time talking about what is really going on (housecleaning at the Embassy), how long he thought it would last (his take: two weeks or so) and if referrals would continue during this time. He indicated he didn't think referrals would stop but that folks were busy with trying to work all this out and that it might be a couple of weeks before they had another referral.

THEN, he proceeded to talk to me about how they get the babies for referral and he indicated there is a baby "in the pipeline" right now that the in-country coordinator has told him about that should be ready for referral in a couple of weeks. I said, "So, we could be talking about my baby, right?" He said, "Yes, we could!"

WOW!!! Our Ellie probably has been born!!! How exciting -- and, again, sad for me as a mom. In my heart, I know God will take care of her, but my heart also aches knowing the time I'm missing with her.

So ... maybe in a couple of weeks we can get our referral and the current restructuring in Kyrg will be done and things can go back to normal. The four families with referrals whose travel was cancelled will be able to travel to meet their babies and then we can travel to meet Ellie. God, whose timing is perfect, will hopefully have used this delay to buy us the time we wanted to make sure Josh is through with school before we travel.

HOW EXCITING!!! It was the nugget of hope I needed today to help me "make it through."

5 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

Maria!! How exciting, I'll be you are doing a mini happy dance, aren't you? I agree, His timing is absolutely perfect, even when we don't understand it. Have you started making a packing list? ;)

Margaret and Tom said...

Yeah! This is wonderful news. You gotta love Brent, he is the best! So caring and compassionate. It will work out perfectly...Ellie is close now :)

Jackie said...

I am so thrilled to hear this news. Brent doesn't say things unless there is something to say!!! I trusted him completely.

Ditto Margaret...Little Ellie is so close.

Anita said...

OOOOHHHHHH.......TOO exciting, Maria!! Oh I can't wait, I can't wait to hear the news....we have our girl!! HUGS!

AnnLptcga said...

We are praying daily for your baby girl. Sarah Anne mentioned her name in prayer the other night without being prompted. I thought it was so sweet she remembered her too.
The boys are ready too.........
Love ya'll,
Ann & Mike and the GANG!!