Saturday, May 3, 2008

This week? Next week? When?

I have a poll on my other blog listing when folks think we might get our referral. The most chosen date is May 5. When we signed up at Adoption Options, we were told 2-4 months for a referral. That window ends May 4.

I'm going to be honest. I don't think we will make either May 4 or 5. I SO wanted to have our referral before Mother's Day. I know it's just a day, but this will be the fourth Mother's Day I've had in the back of my mind, "Maybe next year I'll be a mom to two." Now, don't get me wrong. If I'm never a mother to anyone other than Joshua, it will be enough. He is what makes me a mom, a mother, a mama, a mommy. It is truly all I could ever ask for. But, I do know in my heart there is another child out there who will call me mama. And, I'd just like to see her face before Mother's Day. But, it's a week from today. And I'm just not sure it will happen. My gut tells me it won't. My gut is saying the referral won't come until the week after Mother's Day.

My mom's birthday is May 10. She'd like to get the referral for her birthday. Wouldn't that be cool?

Oh well... I'm whining and that frustrates me, so I'm going to quit. Our referral will come in God's time, not mine, and there is nothing I can do about it. My new favorite word: soon.

2 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

I'll put my vote in for 2 special dates. Amelia was born on May 8th...and it was Mother's Day 2005. She was the BEST Mother's Day present I've ever gotten :) Hang in there, you're getting close. It's just like going a little past your due date *haha!*

Margaret and Tom said...

OK, I don't want you to have to wait this long but it would be cool for your referral to come on May 13th since that will be Milana's Gotcha day! And yes, although sometimes it is hard to see until later, God does have perfect timing.