Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Calendar Review

I don't know if you can see the calendar to the left. It's there for your reference so you can understand my "logic" about when I think we'll get our referral. Can you tell I think about this too much??? I'm too much of a "planner" to not try to work this out in my mind. If you could see my "real" calendar ...
Ok... so the folks from Kyrgyzstan (our in-country coordinator, director of the orphanage and a judge from Tokmok) are coming to the states June 16-23 for a visit with our agency and families who are home with their children.
Travel to Kyrgyzstan is for 16 days. Families leave on Friday and return two Sundays later. Families that are currently there will be home around the 18th of May. There are two families leaving this week to pick up their babies (Trip 2), and those trips are normally 10 days so they should be home around the time the other families come home, maybe a day or two later.
After receiving a referral, families TYPICALLY travel 10-14 days later. SO.... logic says that the LAST date we could travel and have the delegation still be able to get to the States is May 30. In order to travel by May 30, we would logically have to have a referral no later than May 16-May 20 (10-14 days before travel). Since the families are returning May 18, I'm thinking .... that the referral should come next week. I can't imagine (but then again, what do I know??) that the in-country coordinator would want to be without families from middle of May until she comes here in the middle of June. Maybe she's going to take a vacation -- I'm CERTAIN she deserves one!!
I really need to get a job/life/hobby/"fill in the blank" -- don't you think?

2 comments:

Margaret and Tom said...

Maria, You are cracking me up...I am a bit of an analyzer myself, but I must admit you have topped me on this one :) but I like the way you think...I am still hoping May 13th is your day :) and Ellie's day too of course :)
I am going to go into blog withdrawal, but if I don't stop reading and get to packing it won't get done! Keep me posted while I am in Kyrygzstan, ok? Email me though when you get your referral, I may not get to check the blogs while I am there :)

Suzanne said...

Wow. And I thought I was a planner-aheader! I am truly humbled! Bravo!

-Suzanne