Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday Update

I made my "Monday morning wake-up" call to our agency today and know exactly nothing more than I did before. ARGHHH!!!

I was told the agency is not able to contact the folks in country due to the rolling "Brown Outs" which are basically blackouts to conserve energy in country. I know this has been happening as I have heard this from families who are currently in country. She indicated they have not been able to confirm travel arrangements for the in-country staff who are coming to visit in June. I told her that I knew if we didn't travel prior to May 30, we would not be able to travel until the end of June/first of July and she confirmed that we would need to get a referral and travel prior to then, but that they cannot confirm what's going on in country due to the inability to make contact with them.

I asked if she got any tidbits or even hints of any referrals, if she would call me and give me just a bit of hope.

I'm having a really hard time of this right now. We've waited for almost four years and the last four months have been absolutely the hardest of the entire wait. Position 1 is not the glory place it appears to be. It's a double-edged sword -- you are so excited to be next, but when the wait it long, it is so hard. When I see her face and hold her, I'm certain it will be all worth it, but right now -- oh, so hard.

So, I'm back off to Georgia tomorrow. Lots of hard work will keep me busy.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I understand how you feel. I was in the no. 1 slot for quite a while - had gotten there quick b/c a family that was in front of me had a change in plans and one other family was in line for a boy. I was also caught in a summer hold up where nothing happened for almost 3 mos. I just had to let it go while getting things ready and finished at home. That call truly does happen when you least expect it. This I can say with certainty.

Breathe and keep day dreaming...those will keep you going :)