Monday, May 5, 2008

"This Month"

I caved in and called Brent at AO today. He's always so willing to talk -- even when he can't give me the answers I want. I don't think he quite "gets" my "off" sense of humor yet and probably takes the things I say much more seriously than I mean them. When I asked if I was going to get a referral this year he said, "Well, yes, of course, you are still at the top of the list." :-)

We talked about how I felt things have slowed up with the restructuring and how I didn't think any agencies had had any referrals since it was announced about the restructure. He told me that I could not compare my experience with others who were with other agencies. I told him I wasn't trying to but was wondering if the things going on in Kyrgyzstan were why there weren't any referrals for anyone.

Then he says to me (PLEASE, if you are with another agency DO NOT report this on the yahoo board or reference MY name as the source of this information), "Did I send a memo last week telling you all the Embassy was opened back up?" I said "Uh, no." He indicated things were busy last week and he guessed he didn't get to it. Well.

I asked when we might expect a referral -- his best guess with me not holding him to the wall about it. He said he thought it was reasonable to expect that we will get a referral this month. I should be all "doing the happy dance" about this, but shoot, this month still has 26 more days. Oh well, I keep reminding myself that I trust God to handle my life and that He will do it better than I can or will. And, in that, He has control over when this happens. So.... I'm going to TRY to stop thinking about it and when it happens, it happens.

I'd like to say this is my last post about waiting for my referral and I will not post anymore about it until I get one. BUT.... knowing me, I will so I'd best not make that statement.

SOON!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

You just brought back such memories ;) I completely get you about Brent seeming so serious - I expereienced very similar converations :)

My referral came when my guard was down. Once I finally gave in to the process being completely out of my hands, I got the call. It was so unexpected.

Maybe your referral will come on my b-day or even Little Squirt's b-day (both this month ;)

Lisa Brotherton said...

Thank you for sharing that tid bit!
Another AO client already posted the info on the board, but it is great to hear it came straight from his mouth. I already emailed our agency earlier when I saw that, I am waiting to hear if it is open for all or just some.
Maria, I am so ready to happy dance for you! It has been such a pleasure traveling behind you all this way. I have so enjoyed your positive, but honest and God-centered commentary. Thank you!