Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Train is moving TOO FAST

I came home from church tonight to an email indicating that our travel dates have been set. We are leaving May 23rd and will be in Kyrgyzstan from May 25-June 8. Can someone tell me how I'm going to get back to Atlanta, inspect 350 homes, enter 625 inspections, buy luggage, pack, arrange pet/house care, get papers together including updated medicals and police clearance letters, GET THE USCIS TO SEND MY I171H (yes, I'm yelling), and be ready to leave in, oh 10 days????? There is also Field Day and Graduation at school. I don't have my "new and clean" money yet. It is due to come in on the Thursday before we leave on Friday. Hmmmppff. Be careful what you ask for -- you just might get it all (ironically, this is a line from Daughtery's hit, "Home"). DELEGATE!!! That's it!!

So... pray for the following things for our family now, if you will:

1. Patience with each other during a high stress time
2. Energy to do all we need to do
3. Good health
4. Safe travel
5. My mom and dad and Kevin's mom, who I know will worry while we are gone
6. Joshua, who is experiencing a LOT of changes going on around him and isn't quite sure, still, where he fits in
7. Ellie, that God will continue to keep her safe and loved while we are coming to meet her and in the days until we can return to pick her up for good!!

I've been absolutely AMAZED today at all the kind words and well wishes. I cannot TELL you how many there have been, and we are SO blessed to have so many caring friends and family all around the world who are loving us and sharing this excitement with us. It is as big a blessing as Ellie herself. Thank each of you so much for your kind words and for caring for us!

5 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Let me know if I can help in any way!

Betsy said...

OMG she is gorgeous!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip. Will be praying for you. Thanks for letting me read this special blog :)

Jackie said...

Remember to breathe. Ditto Andrea...let me know if I can help in any way ;)

Again, breathe :)

Anonymous said...

That's usually the way these things go. Wait, wait, wait...you're not moving fast enough!

Hilary Marquis said...

Breathe deep! You're doing great :) God will handle the details if you HAND THEM OVER TO HIM!!!...works better that way ;) Everything will get done, you've got 10 days. THat is an eternity to prepare...we had 1 business day and a weekend. Relax, you'll be amazed at what the Lord will do.