Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Future's So Bright, I Gotta' Wear Shades


When we arrived today, one of the mom's that is here visiting her son gave Ellie a gift -- the above baby sunshades. What a funny sight she was and we all laughed. Funny thing is, she apparently liked them. The sun is bright and she'll close her eyes if we walk in the sun. We looked and she had her eyes open behind the shades.


Josh thought she was funny looking too, with her big glasses and pacifier. Sharon, those glasses remind me of the ones you used to wear! ;-) (sorry, couldn't resist!!)

Then Josh, ever the clown, tried them on for some poses.



Ellie's belly was feeling much better today. They've reduced the formula a bit and at the end of the day, she ate like her normal champion self. I've been noticing that her cheeks are getting big. Allison, I think you might have a run for your money on the baby with the biggest chipmunk cheeks pretty soon. :-)


This is her smiling for the camera and starting her "pageant" wave.

Then, we were told we could come back and watch her get her massage. Apparently, for the next 30 days, she will get baby massage. Now, I'll be real honest, I was a bit jealous - a massage every day for 30 days. What woman wouldn't want that. I wish you could have heard this baby moaning and squeaking as the was getting her massage. :-) It was SO FUNNY. We videoed a bit of it so the grandparents will be able to see when we get home. Of COURSE, if anyone else wants to see when we get home, we COULD host a viewing (ha ha!).

Isn't this precious?
First the feet and legs.
I LOVE this picture!!
Lift the "tooshie" -- building some ab muscles.
Over for the back side.


Shoulder rubs
This is the one I call the "AHHHHH" pose. She has her hands out to the side and looks to be so relaxed.

Working on her leg muscles to help her stand.

Helping her work on sitting up.
And, after it was all over, a nice warm bottle. Note the slits, she was just near toast at this point.

I swear I left her sighing in her crib. :-)

So, we had a great visit today. I saw several more babies that will be going home before Ellie does. They were all doing well. The caregivers really love the babies here.

7 comments:

Khakismum said...

OMG! *Where* do I hire that woman to come massage me and do my exercises for me??? LOL Ellie is looking better every time I see her pictures - if that is possible! ;-)

Wish I was closer to see the video, I bet it is a hoot! Glad the visits are getting more "productive" and Ellie's personality is shining through.

Still praying for y'all.

Betsy said...

Too funny! I love the sunglasses!

I am so jealous of the baby massage. Where can I sign up?? She is such a tiny little thing and so beautiful too.

Adoption is such an awesome thing - you are able to see God working in your life in such an incredibly beautiful, tangible way. So happy for all of you!

Jackie said...

Beautiful pictures, Maria!! I love seeing the wonderful TLC given to these babies.

The shades are too cute :)

Hilary Marquis said...

Miss Hollywood! Too cute. I wanna massage too..what time is Mommy massage? OH yeah, I remember, it's that time of day where you collapse on the floor and your children walk on you :) We'll keep praying for all of you.

Allison said...

The cuteness is just overwhelming! So glad to hear that she is feeling better. And I can definitely see her cheeks getting bigger. We are going to have a pair of chipmunks on our hands!

Margaret and Tom said...

I never got to see Milana get a massage...you will have to let me watch the video so I can figure out how to give Milana a Kyrgz massage here in the USA :)
Love the pictures of the sunglasses! I am so happy she is doing well and sounds like a wonderful day for the whole family :)

Margaret and Tom said...

I never got to see Milana get a massage...you will have to let me watch the video so I can figure out how to give Milana a Kyrgz massage here in the USA :)
Love the pictures of the sunglasses! I am so happy she is doing well and sounds like a wonderful day for the whole family :)